April 12, 2015
Location: Coleman Tech Charter High School, 3540 Aero Court, San Diego, CA 92123
Time: 12pm to 4pm
Registration for this ORT is open.
Select the odor below that you wish to register for. You may register for one odor, two odors or all three odors.
Please note that each handler can only run one dog per test.
You will receive your confirmation email and additional information in a couple of weeks before the ORT.
Animal ER of San Diego5610 Kearny Mesa Rd., Suite A, San Diego, CA 92111, 858-569-0600
Test Site Information
All dogs should remain contained in vehicles. Please bring shade and water. Potty areas will include unused grassy areas – signs will be posted.
All dogs must be on a 6’ leash at all times when not being tested. No flexi-leashes for walking dogs on test site grounds; flexis may be used in the test itself.
The handler of the dog must be a current member of the NACSW™. The Dog must be registered with the NACSW™. For information on how to register or become a member go to www.NACSW.net.
Entry Fee and Second Dog Policy
Entry Fee is $30 per odor.
A test is defined as a single dog testing on a single odor. Handler may test one dog at a time on all available odors.
April 10, 2015 at 12:00am
Payments can be made via PayPal
ENTRY FEES shall not be refunded in the event that a dog is absent, disqualified, or excused by the NACSW™ official or judge.
ORT participants are allowed to have a friend or family member video/photograph their test. ORT participants are not allowed to video/photograph one another. ORT hosts are not obligated to provide someone to video/photograph.
Coleman Tech Charter High School
3540 Aero Ct, San Diego, CA 92123
From Interstate 8
- Take the exit onto I-805 N toward Los Angeles
- Exit onto Kearny Villa Rd.
- Turn right onto Aero Dr.
- Take the 1st right onto Aero Ct.
From Interstate 15
- Take the exit onto CA-163 South
- Take the exit toward Balboa Ave/CA-274E
- Turn left onto Kearny Mesa Rd.
- Turn left onto Aero Dr.
- Take the 2nd right onto Aero Ct.
From Interstate 5
- Take the exit onto CA-52 East
- Take the exit toward Interstate 805 South
- Keep right at fork, merge onto I-805 South
- Take the Balboa Ave exit
- Keep left at the fork, follow signs for Balboa Avenue E
- Keep right at the fork, follow signs for Balboa Ave E/CA-274 and merge onto Balboa Ave.
- Turn right onto Convoy St.
- Turn Left onto Aero Dr.
- Take 2nd Right onto Aero Ct.
TEST Information – Notice to Exhibitors
THE TEST SITE will be open from 12:00pm to 4:00pm
Handler Briefing and Check In Time will be sent out in the final confirmation email.
COST PER ODOR TEST PER DOG: $30.00
Score books are optional and are not required to participate in an ORT. They are for personal record keeping. If you have lost a scorebook and would like a replacement, you can request a replacement book that will include all your prior NACSW results. Log in to your account at: http://www.nacsw.net and under the “My Account” section, go to “My Dogs” and choose the option to order a replacement score book there. The cost is $20
NO SPECTATORS ARE PERMITTED IN THE SEARCH AREA during the ORT except NACSW™ officials, adults accompanying a minor, CNWI-in-training, or immediate family members/friends of the dog/handler team currently being tested.
- TELEPHONE, FAX, UNSIGNED ENTRIES, AND ENTRIES RECEIVED WITHOUT FEES cannot be accepted.
- RETURNED CHECKS do not constitute a valid entry fee. A charge of $25.00 will be made for each returned check.
- ENTRIES MUST BE MADE ON THE ATTACHED ENTRY FORM.
- NO ENTRY SHALL BE MADE AND NO ENTRY SHALL BE ACCEPTED, WHICH SPECIFIES ANY CONDITIONS AS TO ITS ACCEPTANCE.
- OWNERS are responsible for errors in making out entry forms.
- EXPRESS MAIL entries must include signature permitting them to be left at the secretary’s address without recipient’s signature.
DOGS PRESENT will not be permitted to roam. Exhibitors are responsible for the behavior of their dogs. The owner of each dog is solely responsible for having it ready when it is to be judged. Be prepared to keep your dog in your car when not being tested or on leash at all times.
THERE IS NO INSIDE CRATING AT THIS TEST.
FEMALES IN SEASON – Contact your test host if this becomes a possibility
DOGS PARTICIPATING in ORT must be at least six months of age and must appear to be healthy on trial day and should be current on all vaccinations required by law.
Acknowledgement of entry acceptance/CONFIRMATION will be made when entries are processed for those handlers that provide an email address. If you require a confirmation via USPS, you must provide a self-addressed stamped envelope with your entry.
BASIC DESCRIPTION OF TEST – to successfully pass an ORT a dog must identify the location of the target odor and the handler must correctly call an “alert” within a three-minute time period. The Odor Recognition Test consists of a drill type exercise which requires 12 closed boxes set up in a pattern of one or two rows, spaced a minimum of 48” apart. The ORT is conducted on leash. Complete information can be obtained on the NACSW™ website.
All exhibitors should obtain and review a copy of the NACSW™K9 NOSE WORK® RULE BOOK. You may get it from their website: www.NACSW.net
ORT Registration Schedule
|CLASS NAME||START DATE||TIME||COUNSELOR||LOCATION||AVAILABLE SPACE/S||REGISTER|
Once you register and pay, you will receive a confirmation email. You will also receive additional information a few weeks prior to the ORT.